This was reported on the SUSE Bugzilla by Martin Weiss:
Tried to create a new pool with openATTIC and found some things that might need to be adjusted / added / changed from my point of view.
Please find the screenshot attached related to this:
- there are "*" signs beside all the values --> I would expect any explanation on this web page that explains these. Either via online help or "mouse over". Maybe this means "mandatory" - but that is not obvious - and as the "*" is existing at all parameters it is somewhat useless if it just means "mandatory".
- defaults for placement groups should not be "1" - we should start with 64 or similar
- defaults for "Replica size" should not be "1" - we should have "3" if "3" is valid for the selected "Crush ruleset"
- expert settings - it does not make much sense to have a separate button to open expert settings if there is only one single additional setting
- the "Crush ruleset" is NOT an expert setting and it is required to be selected during every pool creation as here we specify the "target disks" of the pool. This should be part of the "non expert settings".
- the cluster name "ceph (unque id)" should be changeable - would be great if we could create an alias for the clusters so that they are easier to be identified
- Pool type - replicated or erasure should be a result of the Crushmap rule selection and not a separate selection box.